The Mission of Faith Presbyterian Church is to be a Presbyterian community of joy and excitement that promises to love, comfort, and respect everyone through the challenging power of Christ.
Whether you’re new to faith or new to Faith, our doors are wide open to welcome you. Whether you’re a seeker with more questions than answers or a committed Christian who wants to grow deeper in faith, you will find a home at Faith. Join us this weekend. We’d love to meet you.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 542-2858 during office hours (Monday – Thursday) 8:00am - 4:30 pm and (Friday) 8:00 am to noon.
SUNDAY MORNINGS AT FAITH
- Faith Presbyterian Church currently offers three worship services each Sunday morning – at 8:15, 9:30, and 11:00 AM. The early and late services may best be described as “traditional services with energy.” The 9:30 service is more laid-back and the music is less formal; many of our younger families attend this relaxed service.
- Child care is provided at all 3 worship services. For assistance, please ask one of our ushers who will be happy to guide you to our Nursery.
- Sunday School for all ages is offered during the 9:30 worship service.
- Between worship services, join us in the Fellowship Hall for coffee and morning treats.
FAST FACTS ABOUT FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
- We are a congregation of over 1,500 members located in Cape Coral, a rapidly growing city on the Gulf coast in southwest Florida.
- We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Our senior minister is Dr. H Timothy Halverson
- Sunday worship services are at 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 am.
- Sunday School for all ages is at 9:30 am.
WHAT DO PRESBYTERIANS BELIEVE?
- God is the supreme authority throughout the universe.
- Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ.
- Our salvation (justification) through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments.
- It is everyone’s job – ministers and lay people alike – to share this Good News with the whole world. That is also why the Presbyterian church is governed at all levels by a combination of clergy and laity, men and women alike.
ABOUT THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (U.S.A.)
Some of you may be confused about the various Presbyterian Churches. If you are coming to Cape Coral from the east coast or the mid-west, and you attended a Presbyterian Church – most likely it was a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Some years ago when the old “northern” and “southern” Presbyterian churches merged to form the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) — we had been divided since the Civil War — some Presbyterian churches, primarily in the south, did not want to merge as they did not want to have women pastors or women serving as Elders or Deacons. These churches formed the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA). In our congregation, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), we believe that God calls BOTH men and women into leadership positions of the church. At Faith Presbyterian Church, we have women serving in various leadership positions including Elders. If you would like to learn more about the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), please visit their web site at www.pcusa.org.