NEW MEMBER CLASS DATES:
Please contact the church office at 239-542-2858 for the next available class date.
WHAT DO PRESBYTERIANS BELIEVE?
- God is the supreme authority throughout the universe.
- Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ.
- Our salvation (justification) through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments.
- It is everyone’s job—ministers and lay people alike—to share this Good News with the whole world. That is why the Presbyterian church is governed at all levels by a combination of clergy and laity, men and women, alike.
BECOME A MEMBER
There are four ways to become a member of Faith Presbyterian Church:
Profession of Faith
If you have never been a member of a Christian church, you join by answering (in the affirmative) the following questions:
- Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior?
- Do you trust Him?
- Will you be a faithful disciple obeying His Word and showing His love?
- Will you be a faithful member of this congregation and will you seek the fellowship of the church wherever you may be?
Re-Affirmation of Faith
If you have been a member of a Christian church but you have not been active in recent years, you join the church by reaffirming the vows under “Profession of Faith.”
Transfer of Certificate or Letter of Transfer
If you are a member of another Christian church, you join by transfer of certificate or letter of transfer from your previous church.
For those who have a home here and one in another part of the country, and who already belong to another Christian church, you may join our church as an “Affiliate Member.”
If you have questions or would like to join, please contact Ken Bodenhamer, Director of the Healthy Church & Membership Ministry at 239-542-2858 or firstname.lastname@example.org