- Usher–Distribute bulletins; assist guests with seating; collect offerings.
- Door Attendant–Greet everyone and open the church door for them.
- Greeter–Welcome people entering the church; offer directions to guests, as needed.
- Guest Book Attendant–Invite guests and visitors to sign the Guest Book and offer them a guest ribbon.
- Pastor’s Assistant–Stand beside pastor (with pen and note pad) while congregation is exiting the Sunday services, providing notes for the pastor.
- Transportation–Drive the church bus to pick up and take home members who request a ride; drive the golf cart between church services to assist people from their cars to the church door.
- Sunday School Teacher—Teachers for all ages are needed from toddler, elementary, youth, and adults.
- Communion Prep Team—Prepare the communion elements every other month on Saturday/Sunday.
- Property Committee—maintains building, grounds, and equipment.
- Disaster Preparedness and Response Team—concerned for the personal welfare of our church and community during times of need.
- Christian Education Committee—This committee oversees and assists with children and youth.
- Congregational Life consists of Event Coordination, Membership Committee and Fellowship Committee
- Faith Center Activities Committee—Works with the healthy church activities at Faith Center.
- Finance Committee—Oversees stewardship and generosity at Faith.
- Mission Committee—service to our community and world
- Worship, Music, and Arts Committee—provides leadership for all areas related to worship.
- Adult Christian Education—this team works to build spiritual education for nurture and spiritual growth in adults.
- Audit Committee—oversees the financial accountability of the church.
- Greening of Faith—People interested in the environment and working toward the “Greening of Faith.”
The church office has many opportunities for volunteers to serve:
- Fill-in for the church receptionist.
- Fold, stuff, and prepare letters for bulk mailing, data entry, as needed.
- Photocopy publications.
- Proofreading, as needed.
- Bring a food item for We Care. Donated items may be placed in the wooden receptacle in the church’s entrance foyer.
- Save your soda can pop-top rings and deposit them in the Ronald McDonald House box in Fellowship Hall.
- Small sample size containers of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and other toiletries are collected and distributed to ACT (Abuse Counseling Treatment Center) in Cape Coral.
|Ministries & Fellowship:
- We Care Food Ministry
WE CARE is a food ministry program funded by the congregation of Faith Presbyterian Church since 1980. The program’s primary objective is to supply basic food items to individuals and families in the Cape Coral area who find themselves in personal distress. These people are served regardless of religious affiliation.
Sorting food, packing food and distributing food.
- ECHO (Educational Concerns for Hunger)
ECHO is a Christian non-profit organization whose mission is to “network with community leaders in developing countries to seek hunger solutions for families growing food under difficult conditions.”
Volunteer opportunities:gardening, seed bank, office and library help, bookstore, farm fixing and creative skills.
Program Administrator: Gerri Westlund, Germar26@aol.com (239) 731-7258,
ECHO Contact: Marilyn Acton, ECHO Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mission Peniel, Immokalee
Volunteer opportunities: Preparing and serving meals, sorting and distributing clothing.
Program administrator: Dick Negley, email@example.com, (239) 542-2858.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Presbyterian Women Circles
- Prayer Chain
- Stephen Ministry (requires training)
- Friendly Visitor (telephone or visit twice monthly )